One of the most important as of independent publishing is formatting your manuscript for publishing as an eBook or print book. This must be properly or professionally done to compliment all the other aspects of the self-publishing processes.
The following guides will be of great help to you in professionally formatting your manuscript using Microsoft Word to acceptable standard of eBook publishing and distribution platforms like Amazon Kindle Direct, Smashwords and Google books.
- Save the manuscript in Microsoft word as a .doc document.
- Properly edit and proof read, as well as removing all tab and spacebar spaces. To do this, ON the Show/Hide MS word feature to guide you.
- Create and use custom styles to format the front and end matter of your book.
- You can directly apply Bold, Italics, and Underline where necessary.
- Create the working Table Of Content using the Bookmarking method which converts well in both Smashwords and Amazon KDP Direct unlike inserting table of content through Reference menu which is not acceptable in Smashwords.
- Simulate the eBook with your smart phone device to have a feel of it. If you are convinced it is great, congrats.
- Login to your platform account and follow through the procedures to publish it.
Hacking Through eBook Publishing Skills: Formatting And Marketing Simplified
Good number of copies sold through my small traditional publishing firm and now made available in digital format so that independent authors any where in the world can have easy access to it because it will be of great help to many.
- Tips for the Beginners Indie Author
- How to Open U.S Payoneer Checking Bank Account and Use it to Receive Royalties via EFT
- How To Use Microsoft Word to Format Your Manuscript as an eBook
- eBook Cover Design Tips